Discounted Care for Eligible Patients
As part of our mission to ensure access to health care for all, Hennepin Healthcare provides discounted care to eligible patients and families through a financial assistance program called Hennepin Care.
Hennepin Care Program
If you are not eligible for coverage through the MNsure marketplace, you may qualify for Hennepin Care Program.
Hennepin Care provides a range of discounts on care based on your family size and annual household income. The Hennepin Care program is NOT health insurance. The discounts you receive on care are only available at Hennepin Healthcare. Hennepin Care covers most health care services.
If You Don't Qualify
If you do not have health insurance coverage and do not qualify for our Hennepin Care discount program due to your income level, you will be eligible for the Self-Pay Discount. This discount is available to all uninsured patients who are paying directly for their healthcare services. Patients on this program are required to pay an estimated payment or self-pay deposit prior to or at the time of service and are billed at a discounted amount for any additional charges. This discount will be applied automatically and may vary depending on the location of your service. Please contact our Customer Service Department at 612-873-3073 for more information.
Hennepin Care Eligibility Guidelines
- Before being approved for Hennepin Care, you must apply for all available insurance coverage and completing the program application. Apply using the application on this page or online via Hennepin Healthcare MyChart.
- Your assets must be no greater than $3,000 for individuals or $6,000 for families to qualify for a discount of inpatient charges.
- Your annual family income must not exceed a certain amount for your family size. See tables below. As part of the application process for Hennepin Care, adjustments may be made to the maximum income level based upon your current medical debt.
Hennepin Care Maximum Income Levels
- Family size: 1, Monthly income: $3,220.00
Annual income: $38,640.00
- Family size: 2, Monthly income: $4,355.00
Annual income: $52,260.00
- Family size: 3, Monthly income: $5,490.00
Annual income: $65,880.00
- Family size: 4, Monthly income: $6,625.00
Annual income: $79,500.00
- Family size: 5, Monthly income: $7,760.00
Annual income: $93,120.00
- Family size: 6, Monthly income: $8,895.00
Annual income: $106,740.00
- Family size: 7, Monthly income: $10,030.00
Annual income: $120,360.00
- Family size: 8, Monthly income: $11,165.00
Annual income: $133,980.00
Enrolling in Hennepin Care
To enroll in Hennepin Care you must complete an application. If you are unable to submit an application online, applications can be emailed to [email protected], faxed to 612-873-1998, or mailed to Hennepin Healthcare, G9 Financial Counseling, Minneapolis MN 55404.
Once you are enrolled in Hennepin Care, you will be asked to renew your application every year.