Anne Pereira, MD, MPH
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am passionate about partnering with people and their loved ones as they navigate serious illness. I believe we bring medical knowledge and experience and the people whom we serve bring tremendous wisdom, knowledge and lived experience. Together, we can aim for our patients to have the best quality of life – defined by them – possible while experiencing serious illness.
I am also passionate about doing all I can to support the professional growth of medical students and residents as they embark on their careers. I see it as a way to pay it forward.”
Dr. Pereira is board-certified in internal medicine and recently completed training in hospice and palliative medicine. She has special interest and extensive experience in training medical students and resident physicians.
- Warm EJ, Kinnear B, Pereira A, Hirsh DA. The Residency Match: Escaping the Prisoner’s Dilemma. Journal of Graduate Medical Education. Accepted for publication.
- Chretien KC, Raj JM, Abraham RA, Aronowitz A, Astiz DJ, Chheda SG, Esquivel EL, Garcia MM, Ismail N, Lane S, McLaughlin SE, Pereira A, Shaheen AW, Spencer AL, Tartaglia KM, Willett LL. AAIM recommendations for the 2020-2021 internal medicine residency application cycle in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. American Journal of Medicine. 2020, online ahead of print.
- Williams C, Kwan B, Pereira A, Moody E, Angus S, El-Bayoumi J. A Call to Improve Conditions for Conducting Holistic Review in Graduate Medical Education Recruitment. MedEdPublish (in press).
- Angus S, Williams C, Kwan B, Vu R, Harris R, Muntz M, Pereira A. Drivers of Application Inflation: A National Survey of Internal Medicine Residents. American Journal of Medicine. 2018;131(4):447-452.
- Pereira AG, Woods M, Olson AP, van den Hoogenhof S, Duffy BL, Englander R. Criterion Based Assessment in a Norm-Based World: How Can We Move Past Grades? Academic Medicine. 2018;93(4):560-564.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Internal Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Member, American Association of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Medical degree, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Masters in Public Health, Harvard School of Public Health
- University of Minnesota Institutional Nominee 2019 National AOA Robert J. Glaser Distinguished Teacher Award
- University of Minnesota Medical School Herz Faculty Teaching Development Award 2017
- Hennepin Healthcare Outstanding Teaching Award 2015 Emergency Medicine-Internal Medicine Residency Program Hennepin Healthcare
“In my free time, I love being outdoors. I recently learned to sail and spend as much time as possible on a sailboat. In the winter, I’m happy to be outside skiing or jogging. We have 4 adolescent/young adult children, so we spend time with them as often as they will allow for it!”