Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I use a holistic approach that sees my patients as a whole. I value building a trusting and empowering relationship with my patients, putting them in the center of their care and decision making. I feel satisfied when my patients’ needs are met.”
Bolo is a Family Nurse Practitioner working with the HCMC inpatient Family Medicine team. Prior to this role, Bolo worked at HCMC for nearly ten years, five years as a bedside RN in the Surgical Trauma Neuroscience Unit, 4 years as an RN Float Case Manager in inpatient HCMC working with different teams throughout the hospital.
- Scholarly Nurse Project at HCMC: Effect of acupuncture on chronic low back pain in the inpatient setting.
- Biomedical Committee at HCMC
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- BA in English, UCAD, Senegal
- BA in Psychology, Metrostate University
- AD in Nursing, Minneapolis Community and Technical College
- BSN, Metrostate University
- MSN-FNP, Simmons College, Boston MA
- Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
“I am originally from Senegal, West Africa, and yes, the only place I lived in the US is MN. I learned to love the four seasons and going up Nord like most Minnesotans. I speak four languages, including French, English, Wolof, and Pulaar). I moved to the U.S. in 2000 and met my husband here. We have two beautiful children, a boy and a girl. I value family and friends, I am outgoing, I love to cook and to entertain friends. I love to travel and meet new people. I like to listen to everyone’s story because each story is unique. I enjoy giving back to the community. I organize yearly medical trips with providers and nurses to my country, to deliver healthcare to people in need. I am very much interested in integrative health.”