Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“My commitment is to ensure that every patient gets personalized and comprehensive cardiovascular care that is congruent with their overall philosophy in life. I believe in working closely with the patient, their family, and other medical personnel in a team-based approach, with the focus on the patient’s best interests.”
Dr. Shroff cares for patients with a wide variety of cardiovascular disease. He has a special clinical interest in advanced cardiovascular imaging, heart disease in patients with advanced kidney disease, preventive heart disease, and critical care cardiology.
For a complete list of publications, access the PubMed.Gov website
- Shroff GR, Solid CA, Herzog CA. Long-Term Survival and Repeat Coronary Revascularization in Dialysis Patients Following Surgical and Percutaneous Coronary Revascularization with Drug-Eluting and Bare Metal Stents in the United States. Circulation. 2013; 127(18):1861-1869.
- Shroff GR, Solid CA, Herzog, CA. Temporal Trends in Ischemic Stroke and Anticoagulation Therapy among Medicare Patients with Atrial Fibrillation: A 15-year Perspective (1992-2007). JAMA Intern Med. 2013; 173:159-160.
- Shroff GR, Herzog CA. Coronary Revascularization in Patients with CKD Stage 5D: Pragmatic Considerations. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016
- Shroff GR, Li S, Herzog CA. Trends in Mortality Following Acute Myocardial Infarction Among Dialysis Patients in the United States Over 15 Years. J Am Heart Assoc. 2015. Oct 12; 4(10).
- Shroff GR, Solid CA, Herzog, CA. Medicare Claims for Myocardial Infarction as Primary vs. Secondary Diagnosis. Int J Cardiol. 2015; 182:412-413.
- Shroff GR, Solid CA, Herzog CA. Atrial Fibrillation, Stroke, and Anticoagulation in Medicare Beneficiaries: Trends by Age, Sex, and Race, 1992-2010. J Am Heart Assoc. 2014; 3(3):e000756.
- Shroff GR, Fredrick PD, Herzog CA. Renal Failure and Acute Myocardial Infarction: Clinical Characteristics in Patients with Advanced Chronic Kidney Disease, Dialysis, and Nonchronic Kidney Disease. A Collaborative Project of the United States Renal Data System/National Institutes of Health and the National Registry of Myocardial Infarction. Am Heart J. 2012; 163(3):399-406.
- Leither MD, Shroff GR, Ding S, Gilbertson DT, Herzog CA. Long-Term Survival of Dialysis Patients with Bacterial Endocarditis Undergoing Valvular Replacement Surgery in the United States. Circulation. 2013; 128(4):344-351.
- Nelson S, Shroff GR, Li S, Herzog CA. Impact of Chronic Kidney Disease on Risk of Incident Atrial Fibrillation and Subsequent Survival in Medicare Patients. J Am Heart Assoc. 2012; 1:e002097.
- Shroff GR. Renal Function in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation Receiving Anticoagulants: The Canaries in the Coal Mine. JAMA Cardiol. 2016 Jul 1; 1(4):375-6.
- Shroff GR, Raggi P. Exploring the elusive link between subclinical fibrosis and clinical events in end-stage renal disease: does cardiac magnetic resonance imaging hold the key? Kidney Int. 2016 Oct; 90(4):729-32.
- Shroff GR. Acute Myocardial Infarction: What’s in a Name? Ann Intern Med. 2015; 162:448-449.
- Asinger RW, Shroff GR. Atrial Fibrillation and Renal Function: How High Is the Price of Anticoagulation? J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015 Jun 16; 65(23):2494-5.
- Shroff GR, Herzog CA. β-Blockers in dialysis patients: a nephrocardiology perspective. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015 Apr; 26(4):774-6.
- Herzog CA, Shroff GR. Atherosclerotic versus nonatherosclerotic evaluation: the Yin and Yang of cardiovascular imaging in advanced chronic kidney disease. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014 Jul; 7(7):729-32.
- Seth GS Medical College, MUMBAI, INDIA
- Internal Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Internal Medicine, King Edward Memorial Hospital, MUMBAI, INDIA
- Cardiovascular Disease, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- American Society of Echocardiography
- Board-certified in Internal Medicine
- Board-certified in Cardiovascular Disease
- Board-certified in Echocardiography
- Medical Director, Echocardiography Laboratory, Hennepin Healthcare
- Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School (Clinical Scholars Track)
- “Best Doctors in America”, 2017-2018
- “Top Doctors for Women”, Minnesota Monthly 2017, 2018
- “Best Doctors”, Minnesota Monthly 2015, 2016
- “Best Doctors for Women”, Minnesota Monthly 2015
- “Top Doctor”, Minnesota Monthly 2014, 2017
- “Centered Around You Superstar” Award, Hennepin Healthcare System 2013
- “Outstanding Teaching and Mentorship Award” by Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine Residents 2011
“I enjoy spending time with family and friends, biking, watching football and listening to music.”