Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“My goal as a physician is to deliver evidence-based comprehensive medical care while ensuring access to the services needed, continuity and coordination of care, and education about health conditions, all while providing respect, comfort and emotional support to the patient and their significant others.”
Dr. Gambucci is trained in full-spectrum family medicine with particular interest and experience in Latino health and underserved medicine. As an Osteopathic physician, she is also trained to perform Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine, a form of physical medicine used to diagnose and treat health conditions. Prior to medical school, she spent three years working in the public health sector as a clinical coordinator for tuberculosis clinical trials in Barcelona, Spain.
- Martin, P, Gambucci JL, et al. Navigating a new era of treatments: assessment of Family Medicine resident readiness regarding Hepatitis C management through a statewide survey. Presented at: STFM Annual Spring Conference; May 5-9 2017; San Diego, CA.
- Zaveri K, Tingzon M, Nelson JL, et al. The effect of the continuity of schistosomiasis screenings on disease prevalence in rural Tanzanian villages. Presented at: 13th BIOMEA International Seminar; Oct 30 2011; Orlando, FL.
- Millet JP, Orcau A, Rius C, Casals M, de Olalla PG, Moreno A, Nelson J, et al. Predictors of death among patients who completed tuberculosis treatment: a population-based cohort study. PLoS One. 2011; 6(9):e25315.
- Nelson JL, et al. Transmission of childhood tuberculosis risk factors associated with an unidentified index case and outbreak evolution in Barcelona (1987-2007). Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2010; 29(9):876-9.
- Cayla JA, Millet JP, Nelson JL, et al. The current status of tuberculosis in the world: the influence of poverty, prisons, HIV, immigration and control programmes. In: Norazmi NM, Acosta A, Sarmiento ME. The art and science of tuberculosis vaccine development. Hicom Glenmarie: Oxford University Press; 2010. 19-29.
- Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Vallejo, CA, USA
- Family Medicine, West Suburban Family Medicine, Oak Park, IL, USA
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- American Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians
- Board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine
- Board certified in family medicine and OMT by the American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
“Outside of work, my first priority is spending time with my family and friends. I love to sing, dance and wrestle with my toddler. I also enjoy all things related to physical fitness, including exercise classes, yoga and organized sports. I am an avid professional sports fan and try to visit a new baseball stadium each summer.”