Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am thrilled to partner with patients from a variety of backgrounds to help them meet their healthcare goals. I see myself as a resource for patients to learn about their health. My role is to help co-create a holistic healthcare plan for patients that makes sense within the context of their lived experience.”
Dr. Schwacha is board-certified in family medicine, caring for patients in the inpatient and outpatient settings to individuals of all ages, from prenatal care to geriatrics. She is passionate about providing care for LGBTQ patients and has extensive training in providing gender affirming care to transgender patients. She also has special interest in full spectrum reproductive care and training resident physicians and medical students.
- Kazosi, R, Schwacha, K, Penny, J, Renier, J, Freeman, K, Doering, A, See One, Do One, Change One: A Resident and Faculty Collaboration to Develop a Skills-Based Resident Advocacy Cohort, Presentation at the Virtual Society for Teachers of Family Medicine Conference, May 2021.
- Schwacha, K, Eide, K, Does pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV decrease the use of condoms or increase sexually transmitted infections in men who have sex with men? Evidence Based Practice: January 2021 Volume 21 Issue 1 p 37-38.
- Bhatnagar, P, Schwacha, K, Stay at Home: A COVID-19 Red Alert, Cloud Times, Nov 20, 2020.
- Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, OH, USA
- Family Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American Academy of Family Physicians, MN chapter
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
- Reproductive Health Access Project, MN Cluster
- Osteopathic Cranial Academy
- Chief Resident
“In my free time, I enjoy biking around Minneapolis, hiking and camping on the North Shore, and cooking new recipes for my friends and family.”