Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“The best care starts with the best and most complete diagnosis. I dedicate my professional work to providing high quality care to seniors and frail elderly.”
With over 25 years of experience in Geriatric Medicine, Dr. Kerzner is recognized as a regional and national expert. He has served as a national and international accreditation site visitor for Geriatric Medicine Education programs and served as an author for national and international geriatrically related physician training examinations.
- Holley AH, Sheets K, Okonkwo N, Kerzner LJ. Detecting, Assessing & Responding to Elder Mistreatment, Current Diagnosis and Treatment: Geriatrics, 3rd Edition. McGraw Hill, 2021
- Reidt SL, Holtan HS, Larson TA, Thompson B, Kerzner LJ, Salvatore T, Adam T., Interprofessional collaboration to improve discharge from skilled nursing facility to home: Preliminary data on post-discharge hospitalizations and emergency department visits. J Am, Geriatr Soc. 2016.
- Kerzner LJ. Update in geriatric medicine education. Minnesota Medical Directors Association MMDA Topics in Geriatric Medicine and Medical Direction. 2011;32(6):1-6.
- Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA
- Internal Medicine, Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
- Past President of the National Association of Specialty Professors
- American Geriatrics Society
- American Medical Directors Association
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- Serves on numerous boards and councils of professional organizations specifically dedicated to senior care and graduate medical education
- Certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Certified in Geriatric Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians
- Fellow of the American Geriatrics Society
- Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Geriatric Medicine Fellowship Program Director
- Alpha Omega Alpha Graduate of Georgetown University
- Consistently recognized as a Minneapolis/St Paul Top Doctor and national Best Doctor
“In my free time I enjoy cooking meals for family and friends and exercising with my Labrador Retriever.”