Lynn Weber, PharmD, BCOP
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I enjoy being a resource to oncology patients and other healthcare personnel. Working in the Cancer Center, a collaborative team-based setting, I help to review and coordinate chemotherapy and supportive care medications as well as provide patient counseling and side effect management.”
Lynn is a pharmacist who specializes in the treatment and medication management of cancer patients. She received her Doctorate of Pharmacy Degree at the University of Minnesota, College of Pharmacy – Twin Cities. She completed her first residency at the University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview and then completed a specialized residency in Hematology/Oncology at Children’s Hospital and Clinics of Minnesota. Lynn also enjoys teaching and working with medical and pharmacy trainees. She is the Residency Program Coordinator and PGY-1 Residency Director for the Pharmacy Department at HCMC.
- Lemke A, Kohs J, Weber L., Evaluating anticoagulation sensitivity among elderly patients managed with an institution’s heparin protocol using initial anti-factor Xa levels, American Journal of Health-System Pharmacists Residents Edition. 2020;
- Nusseibeh E, Weber L, Won K, Reidt, S, Chart Review of Predisposing Factors to Cisplatin-Induced Nephrotoxicity in Patients with Cancer, Journal of Hematology Oncology Pharmacy. 2019 Pharm.2019; 9(2):11-19.
- Weber L., Kettle J., Kurtzweil A., Williams CB., Elsey R., Won K. (2017). Adult Hematologic Malignancies. In: Zeind CS.,Carvalho MG. (11th edition), Applied Therapeutics: The Clinical Use of Drugs., Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams, & Wilkins.
- Austin, J, Mieure, KD, Weber, LM, McCarthy, BC Jr., National characteristics of residency program interview processes, American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy. 2015; 72(13): 1085-1086.
- Rindfuss, SL, McCarthy BC Jr, Weber LM, Motivations in seeking advanced pharmacy training, American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy. 2014; 71(5): 357-358.
- Calhoun E, Lad, T, Wolfson J, Zafar Y, Collins Y, Hayes-Lattin B, Kaufman H, Weber LM. (2014) (2016) Disparities in Cancer Care: Do you Know…? Supported by The American Society of Clinical Oncology, the LIVESTRONG Foundation and 11 other organizations as eLearning activity and health professional resource. http://university.asco.org/disparities-cancer-care
- McCarthy BC Jr, Weber LM, Update on factors motivating pharmacy students to pursue residency and fellowship training, American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy. 2013; 70(16): 1397-1403.
- Weber L., Stricker S., Williams C. Won K. (2013). Hematologic Malignancies. In: Alldredge B., Corelli R., Ernst M., Guglielmo B., Jacobson P., Kradjan W., Williams B. (10th edition), Koda-Kimble and Young’s Applied Therapeutics: The Clinical Use of Drugs., Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams, & Wilkins.
- Moss A., Won K., Weber L., Medication Therapy Management in the Outpatient Cancer Center, Journal of Hematology Oncology Pharmacy. 2012; 2(3):103-107.
- Mikula J., Weber L., Won K., Chemotherapy Toxicity Occurrence with Concomitant Antiretroviral Therapy in Patients with Lymphoma. American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting, 2011: Abstract 4210.
- Torma K., Weber LM, Won K., Appropriate Antibiotic Selection in Oncology Patients Admitted with Febrile Neutropenia, Poster Presentation at the American Society of Health-System Pharmacy Meeting, Anaheim, California December 2010.
- Weber, LM., Ghafoor, V.L., Phelps, P, Implementation of standard order sets for patient-controlled analgesia, American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy, 2008: 65(12): 1184-1191.
- Weber, LM., Alexander, D., Messinger, Y., Safety of Transdermal Scopolamine in Pediatric Patients for Chemotherapy-induced Nausea and Vomiting, Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2007; 25(18S) American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting Proceedings Part I. Abstract 19568.
- Weber, LM., Allen, CA., Ackerman, P., Messinger, Y., Invasive Streptococcus Pneumoniae Infections in Pediatric Cancer Patients: High Morbidity and Mortality with Several Vaccine Failures, Blood, 2007; 108 (11); American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting Proceedings Part I, Abstract 3321.
- Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist
“In my free time, I enjoy running, reading, traveling, hiking and spending time with my family.”