Meghan Mary Walsh, MD, MPH
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“The connection with patients is why we went into this profession. This partnership allows for the safest, highest quality care we can provide.”
Dr. Walsh is an internist who works as a cardiac hospitalist with a clinical expertise in congestive heart failure, hypertension, and coronary disease.
- Meade LR, Walsh MM, Todd C. Found in transition: Educational innovations for transitions of care medicine. PeerJ 3:e819;DOI 10.7717/peerj.819.
- Bart BA, Walsh MM, Blake D, Goldsmith SR. Ultrafiltration for cardiorenal syndrome. J Card Fail. 2008;4(6)531-532.
- Belzer, Michael and Meghan Walsh. Medical Education at Hennepin County Medical Center. MetroDoctors: The Journal of the Twin Cities Medical Society. 2012: 14(6) 15-17.
- Walsh, Meghan and Valerie Ulstad. Coronary Heart Disease. Handbook of Women’s Health. Ed. Jo Ann Rosenfeld. Second Edition. Cambridge University Press, 2009.
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
- Internal Medicine Chief Residency, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Internal Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- The Thread Book Club: ‘Black Man in a White Coat’, Source: MPR News
- Local physicians on Sandeep Jauhar’s ‘Doctored’, Source: MPR News
- ‘Six things I wish I’d known when I became a doctor’, Source: MPR News
- Friday Roundtable rewind: high costs of medical care, Source: MPR News
- Fellow of the American College of physicians
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine
- Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota
- Chief Resident, University of Minnesota Distinguished Teaching Award 2011
- Best Staff Teaching Award 2006-2011
- Outstanding Faculty Teacher HCMC 2010
- Guiding Light Award for medical education 2014
“I love to be outside with my family whether it is a walk through Como Zoo, a long bike ride, an outdoor swim or a long hike in a park. I love to finish the day with a good book for a virtual adventure.”