Steven Richmond, DO
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I work hard to make sure every decision accounts for the patient’s best interest. If you do what is best for the patient, you are going to get it right 100% of the time.”
Dr. Richmond has extensive training in internal medicine and academic hospital medicine. He has a special interest in global and refugee health having provided primary care at the Midway Clinic Center for International Health. Additionally, Dr. Richmond serves as an academic hospitalist at Hennepin Healthcare, overseeing clinical education for medical students and residents.
He also serves as the R5 Unit Medical Director since 2019. In this role, he works with a multi-disciplinary leadership team to improve outcomes, prevent harm, and create strategies to improve teamwork and patient care.
Additionally, his roles at the University of Minnesota Medical School include teaching first-year medical students in the courses of Essentials of Clinical Medicine and Foundations of Critical Thinking. Further academic roles at Hennepin include involvement in the HELIX program and attending on academic resident teams.
- Suvorava, N., Richmond, S., Between a rock and a hard place, et al. American Journal of Hematology. 10 December 2015.
- Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Kansas City, MO, USA
- Internal Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Board-certified in Internal Medicine