Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am passionate about providing care to patients who are critically ill from neurological or neurosurgical conditions. I am dedicated to ensuring exceptional compassionate care for those who are unable to make medical decisions for themselves due to the severe nature of their illness while providing counseling around decision making to their families.”
Dr. Emiru has experience in taking care of all patients with general neurological illnesses, with a focus on those who are critically ill from stroke, traumatic brain injury, bleeding in the brain, brain tumors, status epilepticus, nerve and muscle diseases, and spinal cord disorders. In addition, she has experience preventing injury in the operating room by monitoring the nervous system during particularly risky surgeries.
- Emiru T, Suarez JI, Qureshi AI. Role of Neurocritical Care in Prevention and Treatment of Acute Respiratory, Cardiovascular, and Neurological Complications in the Angiographic Suite. Book chapter in: Complications of neuroendovascular procedures and bailout techniques.
- Roohani P, Emiru T, Carpenter A, Luzzio C, Freeman J, Scarberry S, Beaver G, Davidson L, Parry G. Khatri R, Rodriguez G, Raymond J, Qureshi AI, editors. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press; 2016. Late onset multiple sclerosis: Is it really late onset? : Mult Scler Relat Disord; 2014 Jul; 3(4):444-9
- Emiru T, Bershad EM, Zantek ND, Datta YH, Rao GH, Hartley EW, Divani AA. Intracerebral Hemorrhage: A Review of Coagulation Function. Clinical and Applied Thrombosis- Hemostasis. 2013 Nov-Dec; 19 (6):652-62.
- Hussein HM, Emiru T, Georgiadis AL, Qureshi AI. Assessment of Platelet Inhibition by Point-of-Care Testing in Neuroendovascular Procedures. American Journal of Neuroradiology, 2013 Apr; 34 (4):700-6
- Faridar A, Emiru T, Bershad EM, Iaizzo PA, Suarez JI, Divani AA. Therapeutic Hypothermia in Stroke and Traumatic Brain Injury. Frontiers in Neurology. 2011; 2: 80.
- Emiru T, Ezzeddine, MA, and Qureshi, AI. Indications and Applications for Extracranial Carotid Artery Stent Placement. Current Cardiology Reports. 2010 Jan; 12 (1):42-50.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Neurology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Neurocritical Care, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
- Neurocritical Care Society
- American Society of Neurophysiologic Monitoring
- Board certified in Neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Board certified in Neurocritical Care by the United Council of Neurologic Subspecialities
- Board certified in Clinical Neurophysiology with added competency in Intraoperative Neuromonitoring by American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology
“I enjoy reading, practicing yoga and spending time with my family.”